Regional Meetings and Workshops
Regional Conferences and Other NTA Meetings
Generational Economy in a COVID-19 pandemic context: Implications for SDG achievements in Africa, Second NTA Africa Conference, 27, 28 and 29 October 2021, Somone, Senegal
The NTA Africa Network and the Regional Consortium for Research in Generational Economy (CREG) are organizing the second edition of the NTA Africa conference this year 2021, held from October 27 to 29, 2021 in Somone, Senegal.
Conference website: https://ntaafrica-conference.creg-center.org/
Demographic Dividend Efforts in Nigeria: The Contribution of UNFPA, University of Ibadan, Nigeria, March 11, 2021
The Nigerian NTA team held a one-day virtual workshop on March 11 2021 for UNFPA Nigeria country Staff on the importance of National Transfer Accounts for UNFPA's programming of its Demographic Dividend program.
The agenda and PowerPoint presentations made at the workshop are available here. LINK
NTA: Principles, Methodology, and Construction, Moscow NRU HSE, 20-22 June 2017
A Workshop on National Transfer Accounting: Principles, methodology, and the main problems of construction was organized in Moscow on 20-22 June 2017. It was held at the National Research University Higher School of Economics. The participants represented 12 countries of Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
NTA Conference in Europe, Budapest, 9 March 2017
The Hungarian Demographic Research Institute recently hosted a conference on the National Transfer Accounts as part of the European FP7 AGENTA project funded by the European Commission. All presentations from the open session of this 3rd AGENTA Project Meeting are available online. More information about the Agenta Project is also available.
North America NTA Regional Meeting held in Berkeley, 14 December 2015
The North America NTA regional meeting was held at the University of California (UC)-Berkeley on . The meeting was sponsored by the National Institute on Aging, with additional support from the Center on the Economics and Demography of Aging, UC-Berkeley. See more about the meeting here.
Asia NTA Regional Meeting held in Bangkok, 3-4 December 2015
The 2015 NTA Regional Meeting for Asia was held on 3-4 December, at the Amari Watergate Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand. The meeting was supported by the Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO) of UNFPA and the East-West Center. Learn more about the Asia NTA meeting agenda, presentations and participants here.
Atelier Regional de Formation sur la Methodologie d"elaboration des Comptes de Transfert Intergenerationnel, Saly, Senegal, 20-30 October 2015
With support from UNFPA West African Regional Office and CREFAT, participants from six Francophone African countries met in Saly, Senegal, 20-30 October 2015. Members were introduced to NTA and the concepts related to the Demographic Dividend. To learn more about the meeting, see here.
AGENTA Project Meeting in Barcelona, June 2015
During the second week of June 2015, the AGENTA project met in Barcelona, Spain. The aim of this meeting was to provide a progress overview on the first 1½ years of the project, to discuss current work, and to ensure that work from all partners is aligned.
Prof. Jonathan Gershuny, Director of Oxford University's Centre for Time Use Research, gave the keynote address, “Gendered age-transfer national accounts: Using time diary data comprehensively.”
All papers and presentations provided by the speakers are available in the Workshop Agenda. As all the presentations and discussions were recorded, the organizing team from the University of Barcelona is kindly providing the possibility to watch the recorded video at: First AGENTA meeting
We thank the team of University of Barcelona for organizing a very successful meeting. For more on the AGENTA Project, check out the project website.
Earlier Regional NTA Meetings
- Fifth European NTA Workshop (with a focus on time use and gender), Stockholm, Sweden, November 8-9, 2012
- NTA Time Use and Gender Working Group, Workshop on Non-Market Labor Satellite Accounts, Berkeley, CA, June 2011
- Training Workshop on National Transfer Accounts (NTA) for Greater Mekong Sub-region, Hua Hin, Thailand, December 17-25, 2010
- Latin American NTA Seminar on Population Aging, Intergenerational Transfers, and Social Protection, Santiago, Chile on October 20-21, 2009
- Costa Rican NTA Seminar on "Intergenerational Equity: Economic policy challenges in the face of population aging", San Jose, June 23, 2009
- Uruguayan NTA Seminar on "Intergenerational Transfers, Population Aging, and Social Protection", Montevideo, May 21, 2009
- African NTA Workshop on "Shaping Social Protection in Africa: the National Transfer Accounts Approach", Mombasa, Kenya, May 13-27, 2009
- European NTA Workshop on "Intergenerational Transfers in a European Perspective", Stockholm, Sweden, October 23-24, 2008
- National Dissemination Workshop on National Transfer Accounts for Nigeria: Implications for Social Policy in Nigeria, 22 October 2008
- First Workshop of ECLAC-IDRC Project on Population Ageing, Intergenerational Transfers and Social Protection in Latin America, Santiago Chile, October 15-16, 2007
NTA Training Seminars
- Workshop on Population Ageing and National Transfer Accounts: An Introduction. Santiago, Chile, November 26-29, 2013.
- Training on Incorporating Gender and Time Use into NTA in Latin America, Montevideo, Uruguay, October 23-26, 2012
- Measuring and Analyzing the Generational Economy with National Transfer Accounts (NTA): A Training Workshop, Bangkok, Thailand, September 17-20, 2012
- EWC Summer Seminar on Population. Workshop 1: Population Aging and the Generational Economy, June 6-19, 2010
- AERC-CEDA-EWC NTA Training Workshop, Marrakesh, Morocco, September 27 - October 2, 2009
- Hands-On Portion of 6th NTA Workshop, Berkeley, January 12 - 16 2009
- EWC 39th Summer Seminar on Population: Population, Development, and Policy: A Follow-Up Workshop, June 3 - July 3 2008
- EWC 38th Summer Seminar on Population: Population, Development, and Policy: The Economic Payoffs of Population Change, May 29 - June 28, 2007
- Nihon University Population Research Institute (NUPRI) NTA Workshop II, August 16-25, 2006